MECHANICAL / STRUCTURAL ENGINEER (PE)
Position Summary: AES-A Design/Fabrication Construction Company in the Entertainment and Theme Park industry seeks a Licensed PE (CA and FL stamps preferred). Provides mechanical engineering calculations and approved drawings for commercial theming (Theme Park, Parade Floats, Stages, etc.) projects. Will assist in the generation of engineering documents in close collaboration with in-house technical design, clients, shop manufacturing departments, as well as local building jurisdictions for the purpose of obtaining permits (if required).
- Seeking motivated person with excellent technical and communication skills
- Works individually and collaboratively in the design/construction process
- Daily analysis (mechanical, structural, dynamic, stress) and design of all manufacturing design and project types
- Creative, proactive and detail-oriented individual
- Client interaction as required
- Construction support services and site observation as required
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analysis and design of custom fabricated structures and mechanisms
- Analysis consists of static and dynamic loading from self-motion and environments along with detailed stress analysis of components, both custom designed and purchased parts
- Oversees engineering planning, design, and construction scope; directs work assignments with in-house technical design personnel
- Independently conceives plans and conducts research in problem areas to make recommendations to resolve complex engineering issues
- Directing Technical Design Engineers and working with peers in team situations
- Provides support to Project Managers in the day-to-day oversight of project construction; organizes and provides technical expertise and administrative support to the construction management team; responds to customer request for information and shop drawing submittals
- Produces complete stamped and signed engineering analysis reports in the company format along with stamped and signed technical letters when required by the client or jurisdiction
- Professionally licensed (PE required) with Mechanical or Structural license
- Minimum 5-6 years of experience in related industry
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical or structural engineering from an ABET-accredited university
- Demonstrates proficient technical ability in structural and mechanism design, configuration, and dynamic analysis
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and with peers on larger projects
- Understands advanced engineering principles and design based on relevant national and regional building codes and standards
- Advanced knowledge of modeling, analysis, and design (structural, mechanism, and mechanical)
- Ability to estimate project fees and assist with project proposals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to learn new skills and mentor/educate staff.
- Can-do attitude & solid work ethic
- Salaried Position
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Vacation, Sick Leave, and 401 (K)
This is a great opportunity to be a part of a dynamic team! We are seeking exceptional candidates who will actively contribute to the success of our company and uphold our professional standards. Must have reliable transportation and valid driver's license.
If Interested, fill up the form and follow instruction - No Phone calls.