Position Summary: The Electro-Mechanical Technician / Lead is responsible for ensuring that each project is completed in a timely manner, within or under the estimated budget and to the client’s satisfaction. The department lead accomplishes this by directing personal efforts, employees, material suppliers and others in the efforts needed to achieve these goals. This includes hiring, dismissal, training and coaching employees, as well as organizing and scheduling their work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Assist in the scheduling of a project based on established deadlines.
- Monitor daily department progress, including worker productivity.
- Monitor and control expenses within the established budget.
- Generate weekly construction progress and expense reports for upper management.
- Work with project managers to develop project goals, quality assurance plan and health and safety plan.
- Carry out delivery of specific department materials and equipment to construction sites.
- Properly track changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs.
- Monitor quality control, create punch list and expedites the completion of the punch list.
- Maintain an adequate work force of department staff, helpers and/or trainees to meet the needs of the company.
- Conduct monthly staff meetings to keep employees informed and to discuss and solve problems.
- Participate in daily Production meetings for schedule and budget review.
- Research cost overruns, then meet with Project manager to create plans to resolve future overages.
- Meet or exceed contractual conditions of performance.
- Participate in the definition of a project scope as it pertains to your department.
- Contribute to client meetings / shop reviews.
- Conduct and document weekly safety meetings (tailgate) and enforce AES policies.
Skills and Specifications:
- Proven work experience with Electro-Mechanical design and manufacture.
- Experience (hands-on) with UL-508, Wiring, NEC, Networks, 1 Phase, 3 Phase, Controls, AC/ DC, hydraulics, pneumatics, lighting, programming, schematics (generating and using), Autocad / Solidworks, etc.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Concise and accurate in their work.
- Ability to schedule, multitask and is highly organized.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined by management.
- Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
This is a great opportunity to be a part of a dynamic team! We are seeking exceptional candidates who will actively contribute to the success of our company and uphold our professional standards. Must have reliable transportation and valid driver's license.
If Interested, fill up the form and follow instruction - No Phone calls.